(TheFreedomFlag.com)- Dominion Voting Systems isn’t going to stop until they try to make every conservative voice who criticized the 2020 presidential election results pay.
Late last week, the company filed a lawsuit against Sidney Powell, a lawyer closely aligned with former President Donald Trump, for defamation. They are looking to get $1.3 billion as a result of the case because of Powell’s “wild accusations” that Dominion rigged its voting machines so that President Joe Biden would win the election
In the suit, which Dominion filed in filed court in Washington, the company said:
“Dominion brings this action to set the record straight.”
Following November’s election, Powell was just one person who claimed that Dominion, who provides technology to elections and polling places, was in on a scheme to steal the election from Trump. This was one of her claims as she was representing the former president in a number of different lawsuits she filed to contest the outcome of the election.
Some of her claims included one that said Dominion was created in Venezuela as a way for former leader Hugo Chavez to rig elections in that corrupt country. In America, Powell said Dominion’s software systems had the ability to switch votes from Trump to Biden.
Dominion refuted those claims, though, saying:
“There are mountains of direct evidence that conclusively disprove Powell’s vote manipulation claims against Dominion — namely, the millions of paper ballots that were audited and recounted by bipartisan officials and volunteers in Georgia and other swing states, which confirmed that Dominion accurately counted votes on paper ballots.”
Dominion officials reached out directly to Powell, telling her that her claims weren’t true and asking her to retract her statements. When they did so, not only did Powell refuse to step back from her comments, Dominion officials said the lawyer “doubled down” and used her massive following on Twitter to spread the message to even more people.
Powell isn’t the only person who’s facing a lawsuit from Dominion for similar claims. Eric Coomer, who serves as the security director for Dominion, has also filed lawsuits against Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, as well as conservative news outlets and columnists for spreading what they say is a false message. That lawsuit was filed in Colorado, where the company is based.
In addition, Dominion has filed a lawsuit against Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, who has consistently spread a similar message to Giuliani and Powell. In each of these suits, Dominion is seeking at least $1.3 billion in damages.
It doesn’t appear the company is done filing suits, either. On Tuesday, John Poulos, the CEO of Dominion, said the suit filed Monday against Lindell was “definitely not the last lawsuit.”
The company has sent a cease-and-desist order to more than 150 people, according to a Washington Post report. Those orders and warnings are to preserve documents that Dominion says would prove it did nothing wrong in the 2020 presidential election.
Among those who were sent those orders are conservative news outlets One America News, Newsmax and Fox News.