New Autopsy Shows George Floyd Died of Asphyxiation, Differs From Official Autopsy

( An autopsy commissioned by the family of George Floyd, the African American man who was killed by former police officer Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis, has revealed that Floyd did die of asphyxiation. The death of Floyd, or possibly even the murder (we’re still awaiting a trial), sparked protests all over the country that quickly turned violent.

All of America was shocked and horrified by the death of Floyd, after footage emerged showing then-officer Derek Chauvin kneeling on Floyd’s neck for eight minutes during an arrest. Floyd was arrested for allegedly using a fake $20 note in a store. Despite telling the officer that he couldn’t breathe, Chauvin didn’t remove the pressure and Floyd died.

The family of Floyd commissioned the autopsy to confirm the cause of death. It was performed by the same doctor who examined the body of Eric Garner, He revealed that the weight placed on him during the arrest cut off his air supply and caused him to die.

However, the autopsy is substantially different from the official autopsy performed after Floyd died. This difference might, therefore, be challenged in a court of law when Chauvin is given a chance to defend himself under the American justice system.

If we think the protests are bad now, just wait until the trial when Chauvin starts trying to defend himself. The very real possibility that the official autopsy may be used instead of the one commissioned by his family could potentially cause further unrest over the coming years.

The original autopsy specifically included the effects of Floyd being restrained and also mentioned several underlying health conditions and possible intoxicants that were in Floyd’s system. It also said there was no evidence that Floyd died of traumatic strangulation or asphyxia.

Derek Chauvin was arrested shortly after the death, and is no longer a police officer. His arrest was announced by Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington, who said that Chauvin’s arrest came after state investigators determined he used unnecessary force.