(TheFreedomFlag.Com)- Prince Charles, the first in line to the British throne, tested positive for the Chinese coronavirus this week. The Prince of Wales is 71 years old and considered vulnerable, and as a result will be self-isolating with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
An official statement released by Prince Charles’ office said, “The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus.”
It went on to explain how he is displaying “mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
Prince Charles has been particularly active in recent months as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II prepares to pass down more royal duties to the future King.
According to the statement, the Duchess of Cornwall was also tested but does not have the virus.
“In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland. The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.”
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall did not receive special treatment and used the same NHS facilities as British citizens. It is unknown how the British royal caught the virus, owing to the “high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
A statement from the Queen says she “remains in good health” and last saw Prince Charles “briefly on the 12th March”.
— Sky News (@SkyNews) March 25, 2020
Prince Charles is among the highest-profile people to be diagnosed with the virus so far. In the United States, Republican Senator Rand Paul, who represents Kentucky, was also diagnosed with the virus.
Following the announcement of Prince Charles’ diagnosis, Buckingham Palace announced that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and her husband Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, will self-isolate in Windsor Castle. The Queen is performing her royal duties from home.
The Queen held her weekly Audience with the Prime Minister today by telephone. Her Majesty – pictured this evening at Windsor Castle – has held a weekly Audience with her Prime Minister throughout her reign. pic.twitter.com/9rYoLTfkO4
— The Royal Family (@RoyalFamily) March 25, 2020
On Wednesday, the Palace released a photograph of the Queen holding her weekly audience with Prime Minister Boris Johnson over the telephone.